The named Science Subject Leader at Langafel Primary is Mr Laws.
Science teaching at Langafel aims to:
- teach science in line with the Curriculum 2014 document
- provide a high quality science education that provides the foundation for understanding the biological, physical and chemical world
- encourage children to take an interest in scientific things around them as well as building on their own real life experiences as well as learn in real-life contexts
- teach the essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science
- develop children’s abilities to obtain evidence to test scientific ideas in a variety of ways and to present findings in an appropriate manner, using relevant scientific vocabulary and computing skills.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage, children are developing the crucial knowledge, skills and understanding that help them to make sense of the world. This forms the foundation for later work in science.
At Key Stages 1 and 2, science is taught using the 2014 Kent scheme of work to support planning. This was developed in line with the National Curriculum.
A range of resources are used to deliver the science curriculum and these are supplemented and renewed during the year, as required.
Visits offsite and visitors to the school support and enhance children’s learning.
Currently working towards Primary Science Quality Mark (Silver)
Click here to see our Principals of Teaching Science